The nuclear medicine ward of the Medical University of Vienna offers a wide range of established and innovative radionuclide therapies. Nuclear medicine therapies are goal oriented therapies and are characterised in particular by the fact the radioactive drugs used to this end mainly bind to the desired target structure of a diseased organ or organ system and allow their therapeutic effect to work there locally. Consequently protection of the rest of the organism is guaranteed.
With us you have the option of being treated under the latest knowledge of modern nuclear medicine. Should you have any questions beforehand or require special help during your stay as an inpatient, then please do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to help you further!
The entire team of ward 3T is committed to your health with dedication and competence!
You can find information regarding hospital admission to following topics:
Peptidrezeptor-Radionuklid Therapie (PRRT)
The following therapies among others are offered.
- Radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism Radioiodine therapy for thyroid cancer
- Therapy of metastatic prostate cancer with 177Lu-PSMAI&T
- Therapy of bone metastasis with Ra-223 (Xofigo)
- Therapy of neuro endocrine tumours with 177Lu-DOTATATE
- Selective internal radiotherapy of liver tumours (SIRT)
- Radionuclide therapy of malign lymphoma (Zevalin)